In addition to being fun, our music programs are designed to gently support your child’s development! There are many positive developmental outcomes for your child that we aim for when you sing with us. Here are some of our goals for each age group:
• Parents and children bond together when you sing with them
• Repetition of words and actions through song is a fun way to promote learning
• The more you sing repeated songs with movements and text associated with songs the more your child will learn language and words
• Improve language development and numeracy comprehension while singing songs together!
• Learn body awareness and actions songs that incorporate language and music too!
• Empathy and social awareness are developed while singing in groups together
2-4 Year Olds
• Social skills are developed while participating in call-and-response and partner songs
• More complex musical concepts are introduced in class including scales, simple beats, bars and phrases
• A foundation of musical skills are learned that are great stepping stones to taking individual music or instrument lessons
Singing with us is a great way, at any age, to develop rhythm, numeracy, literacy, sharing…you name it! At Rainbow Songs, we’re delighted to be a joyful part of your child’s growth.