While the good weather holds, Rainbow Songs has decided to continue holding classes outdoors, using parks and green spaces around the city. Our classes have small numbers, and are physically-distanced, with no contact between our team and you or your child. This means we’re able to sing together safely.
Late Fall can be unpredictable. For the occasional rainy day in late Oct/ early Nov, we’ll hold classes instead on Zoom. The office will make this call early in the morning, and notify all class participants.
We anticipate that at some point in the late Fall term, all classes will need to switch permanently to Zoom, either due to the weather getting colder or due to a shift in the COVID profile in Toronto. We will notify you promptly when we have made this change. If you do not want to continue singing on Zoom for the rest of the term, you can de-enroll early.
In addition to outdoor classes, we’ll continue to hold some regular weekly classes on Zoom only, for families that prefer this format.
Enrollment is open, and you can sign up now. We look forward to singing with you in the glory of late Fall!
Safety protocols for outdoor classes
- Families in outdoor classes should bring a blanket or yoga mat to sit on. Throughout our classes, we’ll all stay 2m apart from each other. Teachers will not touch your children.
- Since we are outdoors and observing physical distancing, masks are not required (although you may of course wear one if you prefer)
- Your teacher will take attendance and make note of the name of the adult attending with children enrolled each week.
- Classes will still include a jam session! However, we will not be sharing instruments, for safety. Please bring instruments of your own*** to use for this component. (Helpful hint – you can quickly make a shaker out of Tupperware and Cheerios!)
- If you, your child, or someone with whom you have had close contact tests positive for COVID-19 at any point throughout the term, notify us immediately. If this happens, we’ll let the rest of your child’s classmates know. We will also move your class to Zoom for two weeks
- Other policies may be set by specific locations
- Our safety policy will be adjusted as needed, at the direction of Toronto Public Health
Your teacher will go over these protocols with you in your first class. Feel free to reach out to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-535-5247) if you have any questions.
*** Rainbow Songs sells a variety of child-friendly instruments that you may purchase from our webstore. Free pickup at 277 Roncesvalles Ave, or we can mail to you by Canada Post.