Rainbow Songs Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant to help in the daily operation of our programs and music video publishing work. Key to this position is understanding our mission, and being able to be an effective spokesperson for it. Work hours start at 18-24hrs/week on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, with the potential for more hours based on the needs of the organization and the performance of the individual.
Rainbow Songs Inc. is a vibrant children’s music company, located in Toronto. We operate the GTA’s largest preschool music program, with 20 locations throughout Toronto and an advanced proprietary client management system to give the best possible experience to our class participants. We take pride in our excellent customer service and stellar children’s programming.
Additionally, Rainbow Songs runs a children’s music publishing house – Howdytoons – specializing in music videos for kids.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities include:
- Exceptional and respectful client communication via phone, email and in person
- Client database management
- Supporting the General Manager, Director, and Chief Development Officer in administrative tasks and projects as required
- Providing support for our preschool music program teaching team
- Assist in the editing and development of marketing materials, both print and social media
- Managing social media campaigns & comment forums (Facebook, YouTube, Google Analytics)
- Management of storefront and online sales, including working in the storefront during prescribed shop hours
- Being responsible for the appearance and operational needs of the office
- Ability to be proactive about improvements to customer care and administrative responsibilities
- Other duties as required
A successful candidate will possess:
- Previous administrative experience
- The ability to be professional and diplomatic at all times
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service talents
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- Articulate and professional writing and communication skills
- Ability to understand priorities of the organization and schedule tasks accordingly
- Comfort with email and database management in PC environment
- Familiarity with the Adobe design suite is an asset! If unfamiliar, please note that editing images in Photoshop and Illustrator is a crucial part of the job, and you will need to be willing to learn
- Strong understanding of small business needs and expectations, and ability to work independently to meet them
Specific computer skills:
MS Office/OpenOffice, data management; graphic design skills would be helpful.
- starting wage based on skills and experience
- increase in wage upon successful completion of 3 month probationary/training period
- RRSP matching plan & health insurance coverage available following probation period
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Thanks to all our applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.